A friend posted this survey on her twitter, and as I was reading it, I began wondering if all of you awesome people taking the time to read my blog really know me. Living Tall in Japan is about me and my experiences, and it’s a huge passion of mines, but beyond the basics– that I’m super tall, I loooove manga/anime, and that I worship my cat, what have I really put out there?
Well, I’ve been blogging for over ten years, so I guess there is probably a lot more than I realize! But let’s add to that knowledge!
It should also help me relieve a little bit of stress! Life is one big ball of stress these days, and it seems like I’m always fighting to come out on top (don’t worry– I will!)!
Here are 45 random facts about me!
- 1: Height: 6′ tall, or 183 cm if you’re metrically inclined. 😉
- 2: Age: 32! I was born in 1980. Sometimes I think that’s old, but I’ve only just begun!
- 3: Shoe size: Around an 11, or 27cm.
- 4: Do you smoke? Nope. Never have and never will. I’m firmly against smoking!
- 5: Do you drink? Nope. I personally dislike alcohol, and moreso, losing control. ^^;
- 6: Do you take drugs? Never have, never will. I think recreational drugs are vile.
- 7: Age you get mistaken for: Usually in my low or mid 20s. I was mistaken for under 18 in London last October (apparently you have to be over 18 to buy purple sparkly eyelashes at the pound store!)
- 8: Have tattoos? No, I’m too wimpy to take the pain. ;__;
- 9: Want any tattoos? I don’t particularly desire one, but I would tough it out and get one if I had the perfect idea! Something cute and feminine, of course!
- 10: Got any piercings? My ears, but I only pierced them two years ago! Well, and once when I was 12, but they got infected and closed up that time. T_T Why didn’t I repierce until I was 30? Well, because even at 30, I actually blacked out from the pain. ^^;;
- 11: Want any piercings? I think belly button piercings can be cute. ^^
- 12: Best friend? Ami, Adrian, Lauren, Tiffany, Amanda, Jen, and should I go on?
- 13: Relationship status: Single, but not particularly looking. I’m kind of in an unstable point in my life, and just got out of a bad relationship a year ago, so I’m holding out for Ms. Right!
- 14: Favorite movie: LABYRINTH! It’s never going to change.
- 15: I’ll love you if… you mean as a friend, right? Okay, well, I am sure I will love you if you are friendly and share my interests! If we’re talking romantic love, well.. I will love you if you are Taylor Swift! Waiting for your call, TayTay! (^-~)
- 16: Someone you miss: I’ve been holed up making manga for weeks, so I miss pretty much everyone! I miss Lauren, my best fried from college and beyond, whom I haven’t seen in years (but thank god for skype!!)!
- 17: Most traumatic experience: February 2012, when my boyfriend of two years decided to defend his cheating by beating me up. I’ve never ben involved in violence like that, before or after, and it shook me to my core. I still have mental scars, even if most of the physical ones have healed. I’ve noticed it affect my life in surprising ways. For example, just having a man brush up against me on a train can nearly put me in a panic. I’m very wary, now, of everyone and everything, and always looking for exits. (=_=;)
- 18: Biggest fears: Dying in my sleep, sexual assault, being boring, and ants. When I was 3, my family lived in California, and on Christmas morning we woke up to ants in everything. In our beds, in our food, in our couch, and IN OUR PRESENTS! That was very devastating for a 3-year old. Then, when I was 10, I was playing in a field and stood in a fire ant nest, and never noticed until I was being devoured alive. Then, when I was 11, it was my first day in junior high and I hadn’t made any friends yet. I sat alone at the lunch tables outside, thinking myself lucky to have gotten a seat. I didn’t realize that there were cobwebs underneath that part of the table, and the ants got ALL OVER ME. So the rest of the day, they were crawling out of my clothes and hair in the middle of class, and I had to sit through the rest of the day before getting home and being able to shower! This is why I am deathly afraid of ants still, 20 years later.
- 19: A fact about your personality: I’m a total spazz! I’ll go off on a random tangent sometimes, and I almost always have my head in the clouds. I’m also an eternal optimist. 🙂
- 20: What I hate most about myself: That I am sometimes painfully shy. That I have given my heart too easily in the past.
- 21: What I love most about myself: That I’m creative. That I love to learn!
- 22: What I want to be when I get older: Right now, I’m concentrating on doing comics, but in the future I would like to travel the world as a photographer&blogger. I also plan to tour the galaxy one day! OH, and I want to start a publishing company for english-language original manga, and nurture and teach other artists. I want to handpick talent from all over the english-speaking world and create a manga cultues outside of Japan that is as big as the one inside Japan!
- 23: My relationship with my sibling(s): I love them, but I have barely seen or spoken to them since I moved to Japan. I have a younger sister and brother, both of whom are living in Washington state, married and with children of their own. I’m the odd one out!
- 24: My relationship with my parent(s): With my mom, it’s good, I think. We don’t really see eye to eye, but we talk a lot. With my dad? He is not a good person and I generally do not speak to him.
- 25: My idea of a perfect date: Living together, reading books on opposite ends of the couch and playing footsie. 🙂 I don’t really do well with relationships that are high-maintenance. I want someone that I can relax with, and is 100% as committed to me as I am to her. ^^
- 26: A description of the girl/boy I like: She is beautiful, intelligent, and has a sweet disposition. She’s an artist who is successful worldwide, and is as full of creativity as me! I think you might know whom I’m talking about 😉
- 27: A description of the person I dislike the most: That person who beat me up. Any person who is violent toward others, or cheats on their partner(s). If you cannot be faithful in love, then I have little faith that you’ll be able to do any job competently.
- 28: A reason I’ve lied to a friend: I’d never lie about something important. The most I’ll do is little white lies to spare feelings. My pride is too high to ever be able to live with lying to someone I care about.
- 29: What I hate the most about work/school: Coming down off of an inspiration-high! You know how you suddenly feel inspired and get a lot of work done? Well, I hate the sensation of slowly losing that feeling!
- 30: What my last text message says: A friend just sent me one that says, “Dad said over here we go moose tipping.” Make of that what you will! 😀
- 31: What words upset me the most: Jokes about rape/domestic violence/drugs. Like those are things that you should joke about.
- 32: What words make me feel the best about myself: Whenever I hear that I’ve inspired someone to pursue their dreams, my heart feels light. (=^-^=)
- 33: What I find attractive in women: BRAINS ♡ As all zombies know, a woman with a good brain is irresistible! (Physically, I like redheads a lot?)
- 34: What I find attractive in men: I think self-confidence is attractive in men, but not cockiness. Never cockiness. (Physically.. well, I’ve never been physically attracted to a man, although I’ve dated a few. Want to know what? They were all very feminine. 😉 )
- 35: Where I would like to live: After Japan, I want to live in Hawaii, and then hopefully on another planet! There may be some pit stops along the way, as my whims take me. 🙂
- 36: One of my insecurities: Just one? Sometimes, secretly, I wonder if I’m really just not loveable. And I’ve never told anyone that before. (#-_-#)
- 37: My childhood career choice: My mom made us fill out a memory book every year until I was 18. My answer to this question were always the same three options: Animator, Archaeologist, Astronaut. If you change ‘animator’ to “comic artist,” then you’ll see I’m right on track! I plan to make the others happen eventually. 🙂
- 38: My favorite ice cream flavor: Rocky Roaaaaaaad 🙂 *makes Homer-face* Ahhhhhhh~~~~~
- 39: Who I wish I could be: I’m quite happy to be me, to be honest! I wouldn’t mind stepping into Taylor Swift’s shoes for a day, though!
- 40: Where I want to be right now: Hmmm… wherever Taylor is, I guess?
- 41: The last thing I ate: A peanut-butter and pickle sandwich. ♡
- 42: Sexiest person that comes to my mind immediately: Taylor Swift! I’m serious. Also, my friend Lauren. And Tiffany. ♡
- 43: Biggest turn ons: Intelligence. Someone who is attracted foremost to intelligence is sapiosexual. I am sapiosexual. ♡ Aside from that, physically I find thin and feminine girls to be the most appealing. Long, flowing hair and sundresses, red lipstick and sunglasses. ♡
- 44: Biggest turn offs: Being hit on. Even if I like you, I will immediately lose interest (and trust) if you come right out with a come-on. I’m not someone that you can pick up for a one-night stand.
- 45: A random fact about anything: The circumference of the Earth is 24,901.55 miles (40,075.16 km) when it’s measured around the equator. But if you measure vertically through the poles, it is slightly smaller. 😉
The more you know! 😉
Anyone have any more questions? I’ll answer (almost) anything!